registration to attend.
PANASAS @ SC20
REQUEST A MEETING
SC20 SPECIAL OFFER
2PB, 20GB/s, $200k
REGISTER FOR SC20
|Just because we can’t meet face-to-face doesn’t mean we can’t have fun. Join us at Virtual SC20 where we have prepared a full program for you that includes:
Panel Sessions & After Hours-Sessions
|1:30PM – 3PM EST
||Panel Session: The Diverse Approaches to Tiering HPC Storage
|3PM – 4:30PM EST
||Exhibitor Forum Presentation: Rethinking Tiering – A Focus on Performance Rather than Just Cost
|5:30PM – 6:30PM EST
||After-Hours Session: Proper Balance: The Shared Nuances of Craft Cocktails and Exceptional Storage
||After-Hours Session: What’s Brewing in Life Sciences: A Birds-of-a-Feather event
- Panel Session: The Diverse Approaches to Tiering HPC Storage – Tues, Nov. 17 1:30pm-3pm ET (Register here)
Moderated by Addison Snell, Intersect360 Research, with participants from:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Spectra Logic
- VAST Data
- Exhibitor Forum Presentation: Rethinking Tiering – A Focus on Performance Rather than Just Cost – Thursday, 19 November 2020 3:30pm – 4pm ET (Register here)
Presenter: Curtis Anderson, Software Architect at Panasas Inc.
Description: Current HPC storage tiering architectures are all about managing costs rather than optimizing overall performance. We will explore a new single-tier architecture from Panasas with the same total SSD and HDD capacities as a typical tiered environment but that, by some measures, results in a 6x better price to performance ratio. The building blocks are the same but the architecture results in better performance.
- Video Chats (Schedule your chat here)
Connect with storage experts to discuss your unique workload requirements and find out how we can help.
- Virtual Demo Video (more info to come soon)
PanFS with Dynamic Data Acceleration – a proprietary software feature that automatically adapts to diverse and changing workloads to deliver a consistently fast, total-performance HPC storage solution.
- After-Hours Sessions (SC20 registration not required; use the contact form to sign up for free.)
- Proper Balance: The Shared Nuances of Craft Cocktails and Exceptional Storage
Time: Tuesday, November 17th 5:30-6:30PM ET
Description: In this session Ellis Wilson, PhD, lead Software Architect for Panasas ActiveStor Ultra, and cocktail enthusiast, discusses the shared underpinnings of both a great cocktail and great storage architecture. We’ll dig into the major categories of cocktails, discuss how balance plays a leading role in executing each type well, and create one classic and one contemporary drink to breathe life into the theory. Throughout, parallels to the importance of balance in the design of ActiveStor Ultra will be drawn and open discussion at the end will be available for any questions about cocktails or storage. Drinks are on us, the first 50 attendees will get a $15 gift card to get the spirit or soft drink of their choice.
- What’s Brewing in Life Sciences: A Birds-of-a-Feather event
Time: Wednesday, November 18th 5:30 – 6:30PM Eastern Time
Description: Join Adam Marko, our Director of Life Science Solutions, along with thought leaders from BioTeam, Penguin Computing, and WWT on a tour through the ins and outs of the beer making process, plus gain insights into the trends bubbling to the surface in Life Sciences HPC. Drinks are on us, the first 50 attendees will get a $15 gift card to get the spirit or soft drink of their choice.
- Ari Berman, CEO, BioTeam
- Ray Beaver, Director of Americas, BIOS IT
- Earl Dodd, HPC Alchemist, WWT
- Kevin Tubbs, SVP Strategic Solutions Group, Penguin Computing
- Adam Marko, Director of Life Science Solutions, Panasas